Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hostel of the year award

This is the view from the patio of our hostel room. For 11 euros each per night, I was not expecting a patio, much less a view that includes beautiful blue water!

I kept thinking there must be a catch to our hostel here since it was dirt cheap. It all seemed too good to be true -- we got a private room with 3 beds (I'm with two friends), breakfast included, and it's right across the street from the beach.

But it all exceeded my expectations. The room is great, and having our own space is nice after a few nights in a crowded dorm in Valencia. And the breakfast includes cereal! So I'm happy.

We determined that the two main reasons we got such a steal are that it's still off season (summer hasn't officially started here), and we are only staying on weeknights. It's actually nice having less crowds.. More sand space for us.

I am thoroughly pleased that my last European hostel experienced turned out to be the cheapest AND the most luxurious. Definitely a good way to wrap up study abroad.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment