Friday, March 11, 2011

Book Heaven

Soooo I was going to blog with a picture of the Eiffel Tower, but that's cliche, so here's a more Laura-esque post.

I stumbled upon the most amazing bookstore in Paris today. Its called Shakespeare and Company, and its filled of books in ENGLISH, which means I can read them!!

Books line the walls, complete with ladders to climb the shelves! This literally was my paradise. I walked around forever looking at all books.

I couldn't decide what to buy for my souveneir, so I asked the worker for his favorite. He recommended an F Scott Fitzgerald one. He was soo cool. Then I spotted a vintage French one translated into English called Cafe Celeste, so I grabbed that too. Take a guess as to why that name jumped out at me :)

I want to skip the tours so I can start reading, but obviously I won't. Ahhhhh loveee books.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

4 comments:

  1. i have ALWAYS wanted to peruse bookshelves via a ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would need a taller ladder to reach the books on the top shelf, :). you should post two or three time a day when you go to new countries :). have a blast but be safe! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of Carl Sandburg's house in Hendersonville, NC. His hallways were lined with bookshelves and books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of the bookshelf in Beauty and the Beast

    ReplyDelete