Thursday, March 3, 2011

Top ten things I miss about America

10.  Regular-sized fruit. It's all mini here. Particularly the bananas.

9.  Automatic elevator doors. Here you have to manually push the door open yourself in my building, so I often spend time just standing there waiting on my floor without realizing it. Oops.

8.  Stevenson Library. Yep, I said it. But at school I take for granted the nice buildings I have to attend classes and do homework. I miss my favorite study spots and socializing with my friends in between classes or study breaks.

7.  Swiping my credit card at any store, any time of the day. Having cash is good for forcing myself to budget, but it's so much more convenient to just have my credit card. And the weird siesta hours throw kinks into my OCD scheduling at times.

6.  Hanging out in my friends' rooms. Since we all live in homestays, and the home is a very private place here, all of my socializing is done in public places. It's tons of fun going to cafes, stores, museums, etc. But I definitely miss down time, lounging around... and private pre-games with iTunes top 10 of course!

5.  Peanut butter. Enough said.

4.  Fitness pilates classes at Lifetime. I tried doing ab workouts in my room, but the hardwood floor hurts my back. And it's so much harder to motivate myself to do the pilates 100 solo.

3.  Two-punch Tuesdays. I'm honestly surprised my body is still functioning without its daily Sweet Cece's fix. Definitely still having withdrawals, and I plan on making up for lost time when I return for the Nash. If that's possible.

2. Free water in restaurants. 2,50 euro for a cup of water? Seriously? Hello dehydration.

1. YOU! (and my dog, Ribbon)

1 comment:

  1. WHAT?! NO PEANUT BUTTER?!?!? I must ship you some immediately haha. Miss youuuu.

    ReplyDelete