Friday, April 22, 2011

Canals galore

I'm currently sitting on Venice's main mode of public transportation. So why does this picture look like I'm on a boat tour of the Grand Canal? Because that's essentially what their city metro is.

Normally I think a downside of a metro ride is that you don't get to see the city's landscape. Here it's the opposite. For those on a budget, it's the best way to see the city! Though the luxurious gondolas seem like sweet rides, they are also extremely pricey.

The canals of Venice truly are a wonder. Aside from the grand canal, there are tons and tons of side canals. All are beautiful. A lot of places are only accessible via boat. You just physically can't get everywhere on foot. Unless you're Jesus.

Aunt Jan and I have had a blast exploring this truly unique city. It's definitely got it's own feel, and I am a huge fan of any place that can operate entirely without cars.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I bet they don't have many lawn mowers either! Beautiful ladies enjoying a beautiful city!!

    ReplyDelete