Sunday, April 3, 2011

Rental cars and really fast trains

I tried out two new methods of transportation around Spain with my adventures with my padres this week.

We started out our venture back to Madrid today in a rental car. I was nervous about driving around in Spanish traffic, but Dad did a great job of navigating the narrow streets. We also had every type of physical insurance possible on the car, so that was reassuring. The Audi A3 turned off every time we stopped, which we thought was a malfunction, but later realized it was actually a fuel-saving feature. The car ride was perfect for views of the Spanish countryside.

After we returned the car in Sevilla, we hopped on the high-speed AVE train. It goes super, super fast.. Like hundreds of kilometers per hour or something.. But you'd never know from inside. The ride is incredibly smooth, and the pretty scenery continued. I took the picture above in the train station.

Now we are back in my apartment, packing up things to send back to the A. Mercedes is making us a seafood paella for dinner, yummmmm!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment