Friday, April 8, 2011

Martha Stewart Class en Español

Yesterday my program participated in a Spanish cooking class! We didn't do much of the cooking ourselves, rather it felt like I had a front seat to a live filming of Martha Stewart. But I'm not complaining -- we got three courses of free food plus an appetizer and Sangria.

I did, however, get to flip my own Spanish tortilla! I was super scared to flip, but it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

The red stuff on the side is all-natural tomato sauce. Pretty yummy addition, though I still want to try one with green peppers.

We started out with tomato-sauce covered bread and Sangria made with apple bits. Then we each made our own Spanish tortillas, followed by a massive pan of paella mixta, which donned an American and a Spanish flag in the middle for decoration. It is no surprise my favorite part was the dessert -- we had a tarta Santiago, which is an almond cake, conveniently made without flour for my gluten-free friends. This supports my current hypothesis that almond desserts are the best flavor in España.

They gave us the recipes for all of the dishes, so I'm excited to have those. What I realllly want though are the recipes that Mercedes uses, because her food has been superior to everything else I've eaten in Spain. She said she can make me some fotocopias, so I'm going to work on getting those done.

No comments:

Post a Comment