Thursday, January 20, 2011

Let there be light

Here a few random electrical matters in my life right now:

  • My bed has a light switch right next to it, so I can turn off my lights from bed. Just like in the isolation cabin in The Parent Trap! It's awesome.
  • I almost blew up my hair dryer because I forgot to put it the voltage converter yesterday. Luckily the intense stench of burning made me realize I should turn it off about 2 seconds after I turned it on.
  • The lights in the stairwell have motion sensors, so they illuminate at each level as I'm walking through it. Pretty economical. 
On that last note, electricity and utilities are really expensive here, so people make an effort to conserve as much as possible. That was one of the first things my madre talked to me about when I arrived. I'm making an effort to turn the lights off as much as possible... take short showers...or just not shower at all.... because I don't want to rack up high bills and take away from my food $$! 

No comments:

Post a Comment