Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rebajas, rebajas, rebajas


Spain in January is a shopaholic's paradise. If you came here and didn't know the language, you would probably think "rebajas" means "we sell things" because it is literally plastered in giant letters on the windows of every single store.

But the great news is that it actually means "SALES!" And they are normally up to 50-70% off original prices.  It's like a national phenomenon. Every time I turn a corner I am bombarded by enticing offers on every type of clothing from dresses and heels to sweaters and scarves, making it very hard to hang on to my euros. My personal favorite are the zapaterias -- filled with cute shoes for every occasion.


So far I've exercised self-discipline; however, they're over at the end of January, so I'm starting to feel pressure to cash in on one last deal or two. My goal for the week is to find cute ankle boots for less than 15 euros. If I get some for less than 10 I'm going to give myself a high five.

4 comments:

  1. i wish we had zapaterias with great rebajas here! i'm in desperate need of shoes personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAH! i wanna gooooo.. can you bargain at all? thats my favorite part haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen many cowboy boots (botas de vaquero)?

    ReplyDelete