Thursday, January 27, 2011

Palmeras y Prado (& Plagiarized Pictures)

My mouth has been watering over the pastries in the school cafeteria every day since class started. One chocolate pastry in particular has been catching my eye. It's a croissant-type thing, folded up like a pretzel, then dipped in chocolate. They are huge -- at least the size of my face. In celebration of our upcoming three-day weekend, I decided to order one. They call it a "palmera," and it was delicious, of course. I forgot to take a picture, so I creepily searched the internet for one to steal. Found one on a random girl's blog; it's a good illustration:

I seriously hope she never sees this... 
The palmera proved to be great energy for the game we played in class afterwards. We divided into two teams for a competitive round of Memory with irregular preterite verbs. My team won, WOOHOO! I forgot how much fun it is to play games like that in class. Thank you for taking me back to middle school, "Intensive Spanish."

Now I'm off to Museo del Prado for the afternoon. I'll take pictures, but it's ugly outside (lots of fog), so I will preemptively steal another picture from the web and post now:

El Prado!
Should be a very culture-filled afternoon. According to Wikipedia, the museum has 7,600 paintings, 1,000 sculptures, 4,800 prints, and 8,200 drawings including works by Velázquez and Picaso. I doubt we'll even make a dent this afternoon; I plan to go here multiple times during my stay in Madrid. But first I need to focus on not getting lost as I attempt to walk there...

3 comments:

  1. The Prado is so beautiful!
    El Prado es tan hermosa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i forgot to comment on how delish i thought that pretzel looked! and i couldnt decide if i was the girl in the picture if i'd think it was cool or creepy that you stole her picture. and i decided on cool because she'd come to your blog, see what an awesomely cool girl you are and be so pumped that you picked HER picture to put on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahah thank you bitbit.

    and great spanish dad!

    ReplyDelete