Monday, January 31, 2011

To-do list for today

1. Buy a hair dryer aka "secador" (Forgot my voltage converter one too many times, fail.)

2. Buy my abono pass for February (Unlimited metro train and bus usage for students for 30,50 euro, pretty sweet deal.)

3. Register for a half marathon (Mercedes absolutely melted my heart. I told her I wanted to run a road race in Madrid, but I didn't know when they were. She found the name of a popular races website for me. She was soo excited to give it to me, and I'm actually PUMPED to try a Spanish road race! Only problem -- no Internet sign up, so I have to scout out one of the listed local athletic stores to register. Should be interesting.)

4. Google map how long it takes to walk to Cine Roxy A (a movie theater).  Gotta know when to leave for our class meeting tonight.

5. Look up information about "También la lluvia" (the movie we are going to see). Might help me be less lost/confused tonight.

6. Run a mile as fast as I can (I made a resolution to go to the park and run one mile as fast as I can once a week. Tryin to work on my speed!)

7. (which I'm actually going to do first) SIESTA!!

*Note the lack of going to Stevenson library on this list. Loveeeee it! This semester is going to be a nice break from my science studying routine.

2 comments:

  1. im so impressed with both of your running to dos! i wish i'd done a half in copenhagen so badly...and im still too scared to try running a mile fast! but ill use you as inspiration...since you are my sole sister of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. do ittttt! i actually have been running really slowly here, but i figure as long as i'm trying to go fast it's good enough. one dayyy we will become speed demons. we have like ten more years to peak so i'm not concerned. wish you could run the half with me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete