Friday, January 21, 2011

What's up, your Majesty

Note to self: When I wander around Madrid solo, bring my keys to the apartment with me.

Anyways, today we visited Palacio Real, the "official" home of the king of Spain, even though they only use it for ceremonies now. Unfortunately no pictures were allowed inside, but it was absolutely gorgeous. 


Palacio Real

For my food-oriented friends, I went on two noteworthy foodventures yesterday.  Katie and I bought roasted chestnuts from a street vendor. They were so good! And the warmth was comforting as we walked down the chilly calles. You peel off the shells and eat the inside, which almost has a mashed potatoes consistency.

Bag of chestnuts.. mmmmm

Thennn, we indulged in a chocolate-filled croissant at an adorable bakery/pastry shop called La Fornata right around the corner from our apartment. La Fornata is amazing though. And the owner was really nice. I'm definitely going to become a regular there.

Yummmmmmmmmy

And don't worry, I walked for three hours and then went running to help balance out the exorbitant amount of calories in this post.

3 comments:

  1. The Palace looks beautiful, the chestnuts sound delicious and the chocolate-filled croissants...both! Can't wait to visit these bakery/pastry shops with you! I will bring my running shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can run to a pastry shop, Daddy :) It's right on the way back from the park conveniently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we all know how great pastries are even mid-run!! :)

    ReplyDelete