Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cafe con Leche, por favor

Now that I'm back in a city where coffee shops actually serve coffee, it's time to get back to work. I'm feeling significantly more rested than I was last weekend after "Sleepless in Barcelona," so I think I have a shot at being a productive human being today.

A cappuccino classic from Faborit, the coffee shop that my tour book dubbed "The Starbucks of Spain." They've got a few locations around Madrid -- I'm a fan.

When I've got homework to do for my classes, I like to use it as an excuse to explore the cafes around the city. Over the past few weeks, I've been gradually coffee shop hopping... taste testing different brews (and pastries on the side of course) and feeling out the various atmospheres. I've found a few great places.. I might do a couple feature posts once I settle on my favorites. Perhaps I'll even become a regular somewhere.

Today, I have two major things to work on. I have to write a five-page essay for bioethics about the movie we just watched, Mar Adentro, which was about assisted suicide. Very tough topic. Interesting points on both sides of the debate. Also, I have to read the first half of a novel called "Una Palabra Tuya" (One word from you).  It appears to be about two friends from high-school who become involved in each other's lives again or something.  I will definitely need some caffeine to help me get through all of that en español.

1 comment:

  1. i wish i could be exploring these coffee shops with you! that would be my dreammmm

    ReplyDelete