Saturday, February 5, 2011

Los Bocadillos!

In Spain, sandwiches are more looked upon as snacks (because you can eat them on the go, obvs), and they are referred to as "bocadillos."

When we have program excursions that require us to miss lunch or get back late, our madres pack us bocadillos to help tide over our tummies. Of course, they all like to throw in more than just a simple sandwich.

On our first outing, Mercedes packed me two sandwiches (bread, cheese, and meat), half of a package of digestive cookies, a pear, an apple, and a juice box. And that was just supposed be a SNACK. They fed us lunch later in the afternoon.

Today, we are heading out to Granada for a few days. The program's requiring us to pay for our own meals (major boooo), so I told her this time I needed a whole lunch packed. I'm excited to see what all she stuffs into my plastic bag!

I think it's absolutely precious when they pack us these little meals to go. She says she will do it any time I want to travel or can't make it back for lunch. Makes me feel like I'm in elementary school all over again. But seriously, this free food to-go is a nice luxury!

No comments:

Post a Comment