Saturday, February 26, 2011

Drizzly day in Amsterdam

I wanted to do an art critique on one of Van Gogh's paintings, but the museum was pretty strict about no pictures, so here's a shot of one of the canals that are interspersed around the city. And you can see evidence of the thousands upon thousands of bike riders that zip around all the streets.

It has been rainy all day, but Haley and I think it adds to the city's charm. Hasn't stopped us from having a great time. This morning we headed over to the Anne Frank House to check out the secret annex and her original diary, which is red and white checkered fyi. Then we went to the Van Gogh museum to see some Impressionist works. I loove Van Gogh. There was a lot of Monet pieces too, of which I'm a fan.

Now it's time for some dindin!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

3 comments:

  1. I loved the Van Gogh museum! It's one of my favorite museums, even though it is small! That and the Costume museum in London. I found a costume museum in Venice, so yes, we will be going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is exactly what it was like the days erin and i were in amsterdam! i feel like i literally could have taken the same picture haha. the anne frank house was SO cool i thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete